YMCA of the Inland Northwest

RPS Product Highlights

Pound sterling
If you check your own email frequently, set up a 'Job Interest Card. Fencing is not allowed within the area known as the "clear view triangle" on residential corner lots - contact the Department for further information on the dimensions of this "triangle". They are way to quick in passing judgement on those who have a different perspective. There is no fee charged for filing an appeal. I am still a little man in many ways —. What is Construction Stormwater Permit Coverage? I hope we get it!

Navigation menu

Business Transformation & Operational Excellence World Summit (BTOES19)

Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about. County Ordinance requires property addresses to be conspicuously displayed on a residence or place of business, or adjacent to the driveway or access road serving the building so that it readily identifies the specific property.

Numbers should be a minimum of four inches in height and be displayed against a contrasting background. Addresses for buildings more than feet from the public way need to be placed on a sign or post between 3 and 6 feet above the ground and within 25 feet of the right-of-way. To obtain an address for your property, send us your nine-digit parcel number found on your property tax statement , along with a site plan indicating the location and dimension of all property lines and all existing and proposed structures on the property.

Also, indicate the location of the driveway intersection with the county road. Be sure to send us your mailing address and phone number so we can send you the new address or call you if we have any questions.

View More info property addressing. What are my setbacks? Most buildings need to be set back from front, rear, and side property lines, to reduce fire danger and to provide open space. Single-family front-yard zoning setbacks are generally 20 feet in low density residential zones. Remember, setbacks are measured from property lines, not curb lines.

Zoning setbacks vary by zoning classification, so be sure to check with the Department to verify your property's setback requirements. Different types of building construction and different types of occupancies in those buildings also have certain fire-safety setbacks; if a building is closer to a property line than a required setback, different construction techniques may need to be employed. For single-family residential structures and their accessory buildings, a rule-of-thumb to avoid unique construction requirements is to set back the building at least 5 feet from any property lines.

Where do I get my electrical permit? Electrical permits for the unincorporated areas of Spokane County can be obtained from the: What is the frost depth for Spokane County? Frost depth for the unincorporated areas has been established at 24 inches below finished grade.

What is the basic minimum snow load for Spokane County? The basic minimum snow load for Spokane County is 30 pounds per foot. However, areas within Spokane County have snow loads as high as pounds per foot.

To determine your snow load, the elevation above sea level for your building site must be established. The elevations are used in conjunction with other data contained in "Snow Load Analysis for Washington" produced by the Structural Engineers Association of Washington, which may be reviewed at our offices.

Do I need a permit for a fence? Fences over 7 feet in height require building permits. Do I need a fence around my swimming pool? Residential swimming pools, spas, and hot tubs containing water over 24 inches deep, and installed on the premises of a detached one- or two-family dwelling, or a one-family townhouse not more than 3 stories in height, for the sole use of residents and invited guests, are required to be provided with a fence or barrier that complies with the requirements of the International Residential Code, Appendix G.

Read more on the Can I substitute a swimming pool safety cover for the fence? Covers, which may be used to enclose or cover the pool, are not allowed to qualify as a substitute for the required fence as a means of providing minimum safeguards around the pool area.

In most Codes and Standards, fencing provides a passive barrier that does not require human intervention to be effective and is the preferable barrier for preventing unauthorized entry.

Safety covers, complying with ASTM F, are allowed to serve in lieu of alarm requirements on walls serving as part of the required pool barriers, and are also allowed to serve in lieu of required barriers for spas and hot tubs. How high can a fence be? The height of fences that obstruct sight is limited to 36 inches within residential front and flanking street yards.

Cyclone and other fences that do not obstruct sight may be 48 inches in these areas. Fencing is not allowed within the area known as the "clear view triangle" on residential corner lots - contact the Department for further information on the dimensions of this "triangle". How often can you amend the Comprehensive Plan? Comprehensive Plan map and text amendments are currently processed on an annual basis - proposed amendments for a given year need to be submitted by March 31st of that year.

Radon is a natural radioactive gas in the ground. It comes from the decay or breakdown of uranium, a radioactive element in rocks and soil. Radon has no odor, color, or taste. Is there radon in Spokane County? Spokane County is one of six counties in Washington State requiring radon mitigation measures in newly-constructed residences and residential additions.

Do I have to mitigate my home for radon? If you are constructing a new home and it will have a concrete slab floor or a crawl space then you must mitigate for radon. How do I apply for a manufactured home permit?

What hours can construction noise take place? The following noise disturbances are exempt from the provisions of County Code Section 6. Read County Code Section 6. What is an egress window and when is it required? An egress window is an operable window, which provides a means for emergency escape or rescue in residential occupancies Basements in dwelling units and each sleeping room below the fourth story need to have at least one 1 operable window or door which meets the requirements for emergency escape or rescue, and opens directly to the exterior of the building.

What are Critical Areas? There are four types of 'critical areas' designated by County Ordinance: The County's Critical Areas Ordinance is intended to help protect and preserve these limited natural resources. What requirements apply within Critical Areas? The Critical Areas Ordinance contains numerous requirements to help protect designated critical areas. The most prevalent include setback-and use- restrictions. Please contact the department for further information to determine if these Critical Areas could impact your project.

Where can I find information about minimum lot sizes in Spokane County? Minimum lot sizes in Spokane County are dependent on the zoning of property and can range from 40 acres per dwelling unit to more than 15 dwelling units per acre depending upon the respective zoning designation.

Generally speaking, minimum lot sizes outside the Urban Growth Area Boundary are 5 acres or larger and areas inside the Urban Growth Area Boundary can be as small as 5, square feet. Variables to minimum lot size may be achieved through cluster developments, but in no case does a cluster development result in more lots or density that that specified by the respective zoning designation.

What is Construction Stormwater Permit Coverage? If your construction project cumulatively disturbs one or more acres of land through clearing, grading, excavating, or stockpiling of fill material, you may need construction Stormwater Permit Coverage from the Washington State Department of Ecology DOE.

This applies even if the project is being constructed in phases of less than one acre. Spokane County cannot determine whether Permit Coverage is necessary. It is your responsibility to apply for coverage. For more detailed information, call or visit their website. How do I obtain a Food Establishment permit?

For more information, visit the Food Establishment Permit page. What are the requirements for septic system inspections and permits? To learn more, visit the Septic System Permits page. Be sure each document contains the Superior Court case number, full title of the case, and complies with court rules, form and pleading standards GR 14, RCW For fees and new cases, please see the Filing Court Documents page.

How do I obtain copies of documents from a court file? You can obtain copies of documents both in person and by mail. There are fees for this service. For full information, please see the Obtaining Copies of Documents page. How do I do a court record search? You can request a records search in person, by telephone, and by mail. There is a fee for this service. For full information, please see the Court Record Search page. Why are some cases confidential or sealed?

Most Superior Court cases are open to the public. However, a matter may have been sealed by a court order or is a confidential matter by the type of case, such as an adoption. Rules governing confidential or sealed cases and documents are very specific as to who may or may not have access. Do I need an attorney to do my legal work?

It is not required to obtain an attorney to file legal documents. However, if you should choose to proceed pro se represent yourself you will be held to the same standards by the court as an attorney. Find more information on the Attorney for Legal Work page. How do I present my documents to the court? You must present your documents to the court in person.

You cannot have a family member or friend appear for you - only an attorney may represent another person in court. For full information, please see the Presenting Documents page.

Information regarding hearings in Superior Court is available by calling the County Clerk's Office at or the Superior Court Administrator at You can also access calendars on the Superior Court website and District Court website. Spokane County Courts How and where do I set a court date?

Calendar Notes are a county specific form and you should be sure to use the Spokane County forms to ensure that you are scheduled on the proper calendar. If you have questions, you should contact the specific court coordinator at the Superior Court Administrator's Office or the assigned judge's Judicial Assistant or District Court.

They relay your information to dispatchers. It is very important that you call back if your situation changes so they can update the information to the dispatchers. Dispatchers need current information to determine appropriate response. Do not call only to ask when officers will arrive. When do I have to reapply for a public defender? How to set a Bench Warrant Recall Hearing? The Process of setting a Bench Warrant Recall includes you or your attorney to appear at the District Clerks Window's 7, 8, or 9 requesting a bench warrant recall be set for the cases in Bench Warrant Status.

At the hearing date the Judge will then make the decision to quash the Bench Warrant. How can I get more information about mitigation?

For more information, please contact the District Court at , ext. The Spokane County Fair and Expo does offer on-site camping. For more information regarding pricing and availability, please contact The Treasurer's Office is open Monday through Thursday from 8: Do I need an attorney to complete and file guardianship paperwork?

It is not necessary to have an attorney. However, court employees are not allowed to give legal advice or answer any legal questions. Instructions for filing guardianship documents are available online for your use.

Obtaining Guardianship and Trust Forms Page 4. Can I get an extension on my guardianship report due date? Please see the Guardianship Report Extension page for additional information.

Guardianship Report Extension Page 5. If you were ordered to appear at a show cause hearing you should appear in court or contact the Guardianship Monitoring Program for additional information. How do I get a copy of a document from the court file? How do I get a complaint concerning a guardian addressed? Complaints concerning guardians must be in writing, on the approved form found on the Spokane County Guardianship forms page, and mailed to: The court has a protocol by which the complaint will be addressed.

Guardianship Report Extension Page 8. Where do I go to file a probate or guardianship action? The notice of hearing should be consulted to ensure that you obtain accurate information about the time and place for an upcoming hearing.

If there are questions about the schedule or location for a hearing, you can also call the Hearing Examiner's office for more information. In a land use application hearing, the Hearing Examiner holds a public hearing to receive information and evidence both in favor of or opposed to the application. These hearings provide the public with an opportunity to provide testimony and comment on a proposal, and to obtain responses to questions about a proposal.

The hearing procedure for a land use application will typically be as follows: Introduction of hearing by Hearing Examiner. Report of County Department. Testimony of Public concerning the application for or against. Rebuttal, if any, by Applicant and County Department. Adjournment of the hearing. All hearings are open to the public.

Except in appeal hearings, any member of the public may participate. In appeal hearings, participation is generally limited to the witnesses called by the parties to the appeal, and the appealing party will make their presentation before the applicant. Testimony will usually be taken under oath. An electronic recording is made of the hearing proceedings, a copy of which may be obtained by request or used to produce transcripts for the appellate body on appeal.

To be heard on the recording, each person must speak into the microphone. When first testifying, please spell your last name and provide your mailing address for the record. When speaking again, simply provide your name. Testimony at public hearings is less formal than in a court proceeding. The cross-examination of witnesses is usually allowed on expert testimony or key evidentiary points.

To communicate most effectively: Presenting information directly and succinctly, and avoiding repetition, is preferred. Written statements and reports, and visual aids may be used. If agreeing with testimony previously given, a brief statement of support is preferred over a restatement of the testimony.

If you have a power point or numerous exhibits to present, please contact the Hearing Examiner's staff assistant on how to use audio visual equipment in the hearing room and to premark exhibits.

The length of a public hearing depends on the complexity of the issues involved and the number of participants. There is no predetermined minimum or maximum length for a public hearing. A public hearing will usually take at least one hour to complete and will usually be completed in hours. If there are a large number of witnesses and significant opposition to a proposal, a public hearing can take a day or more to complete. In rare cases, the hearing can take place over multiple days.

No oral decision is made at the land use hearing. After the hearing is concluded and the record is closed, the Hearing Examiner considers the matter further and then prepares a written decision.

The Hearing Examiner's decision is issued in the form of findings of fact, conclusions of law, and a decision on the application or appeal. The decision approving a land use application will include conditions of approval.

The time frame for the issuance of the Hearing Examiner's decision depends upon the complexity of the decision being made, the size of the record, and other matters the Hearing Examiner may be working on. In the majority of cases, the Hearing Examiner's decision will be issued within ten working days after the conclusion of the public hearing, pursuant to the County Code.

If the Hearing Examiner decides to hold the record open for a period of time after the conclusion of the hearing to receive additional evidence, documentation or arguments, the Examiner's decision will usually be issued within ten working days of the closure of the record. Parties of record include all persons who submitted written comments on the matter before or during the hearing, and anyone who attended the hearing and testified on the matter.

Parties that testify will be asked to state their mailing address for notice purposes at the time testimony is offered. In addition, there is a sign-in sheet at each public hearing that includes a space for contact information, for both participants and observers.

When written comments are submitted, contact information should be included in the comments for notice purposes. Parties who do not provide the Hearing Examiner with an accurate and legible mailing address will not receive a copy of the decision. A courtesy copy of the decision can also be provided by email, upon request. Copies of Hearing Examiner decisions are also available online on the Hearing Examiner's home page. The Hearing Examiner's decision on a land use application or appeal is a final decision, unless a timely and proper appeal is filed.

At the end of the decision, after the Hearing Examiner's signature, there is a paragraph that states the deadline to file an appeal and who to file the appeal with. It is the responsibility of the appealing party to review the applicable procedures statutes, local ordinances, administrative regulations, etc. The appealing party may wish to consult with an experienced attorney for guidance. The Hearing Examiner's office cannot provide legal advice.

The Hearing Examiner's office can answer procedural questions, explain the process, and describe how hearings are usually run and what to expect. The Hearing Examiner's office cannot assist with, or give advice on how to put together your presentation, what questions to ask witnesses, whom to select as a witness, whether to get a lawyer to help, or handle similar questions; because providing such advice or assistance could be interpreted as advocating for your position or giving legal advice.

During a hearing, you can raise procedural questions before the Hearing Examiner. Before and after a hearing, such questions should be submitted to the Hearing Examiner's staff, rather than directly to the Hearing Examiner.

This is necessary to avoid violating the prohibition on communicating with the Hearing Examiner outside the actual hearing. Such communications are referred to as "ex parte contacts" and are prohibited by law. Please see County Resolution No. The Hearing Examiner is appointed by the Spokane County Sheriff as a hearing officer to hear and decide drug forfeiture claims under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.

On-site urinalysis tests are given to youth for multiple substances for immediate results and immediate consequences, including immediate detention, if appropriate. We can test for THC marijuana , amphetamines, methamphetamines, opiates, and cocaine. The Level System is made up of 5 levels: The moment that you are assigned a bed in detention, you are a Level 1. You will remain a Level 1 until you have received Orientation, seen the nurse, and completed an entire day without any behavior problems or rule violations.

You will then move up to a Level 2 for 4 days, and then a Level 3 for 5 days. After 5 days as a Level 3 is completed without any zeros, you will become eligible for Honor Level status. Eligibility does not guarantee Honor Level Status. As long as you follow staff instructions and stick to the rules avoiding Special Programs and Zeros , you will move quickly through the level system.

What supplies does my child need in Detention? During intake your child will be given a toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, soap, paper, and pencil pencil may not be issued because of prior misuse. Other hygiene supplies will be given as needed. Deodorant will be given at shower times. Your parents or guardians are not allowed to bring you any personal hygiene supplies.

Where are you located? Our main telephone number is Where is the Detention Center located? Who do I contact about Detention information? The Juvenile Court Detention Center is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The control booth telephone number is Who do I contact to find out when my child can be released? Parents or guardians may call the Juvenile Court Detention Center to find out a release date and time.

If the youth is going to be released to an adult other than the parent or guardian, arrangements must be made and approved prior to the release. Who do I contact with a suggestion, concern, or compliment about the Detention Center? Use there contact form Are there any financial obligations if my child is detained? Pursuant to RCW Are there any legal negotiations or plea bargaining?

A scheduling conference is a meeting between the juvenile's attorney and the prosecuting attorney to discuss legal and factual issues of the case. Plea negotiation information is exchanged, and resolutions are discussed. The defense attorney will then discuss this information with the juvenile, who must be present for the scheduling conference.

A decision is then made to either enter a plea of guilty or schedule the matter for trial. Are there any requirements if my child is released from Detention? When a juvenile is released from detention, the court sets conditions of release, which the juvenile must follow. House arrest, one of the more restrictive conditions, requires hour supervision of the juvenile by the parent or guardian until the charges are resolved. The parent or another court-approved adult must supervise the juvenile at all time.

The juvenile must return home directly after school or work, and cannot leave the home again without the parent or supervising adult. Do I have any obligations while my child waits for their Court hearing? If a juvenile violates any condition of the pretrial order, the parent or guardian must immediately report the violation to the probation officer, who either schedules the matter for a court hearing or requests a bench warrant.

If the court finds that any condition of the order has been violated, the court may order the juvenile's detention pending trial or disposition. Do you have any volunteer opportunities? For more information, visit the Volunteer Opportunities Page. How do I obtain information and assistance regarding Sealing and Destruction? For information and assistance with sealing and destruction of juvenile records, visit our Sealing and Destruction of Juvenile Records Page. How do I obtain information regarding Juvenile Records?

What about legal representation? All youth who allegedly commit offenses are automatically appointed a lawyer prior to all legal proceedings, including detention hearings. If the youth or family chooses to retain their own lawyer, the assigned Public defender will withdraw from the case. The library's collection contain samples of forms that you may need for your lawsuit. Some forms are not readily available for filling out. You will need to create a court accepted form.

Also there are local, state, and federal forms that can be accessed online at the library's two public computer terminals. Copies of the death certificate are often needed to make insurance claims, transfer titles, and to finish other financial business.

Most funeral homes will help you get copies of the death certificate or you can call the Spokane Regional Health District, Vital Records at You may also visit their website below. Spokane County's Noxious Weed Control Program focuses on education, notification, technical assistance and control of noxious weeds through voluntary compliance and enforcement. During the months of April through August, when the weeds are actively growing, the Weed Board employs a field staff with natural resource, horticulture and agriculture backgrounds to survey public and privately owned lands for noxious weeds and to work with landowners to achieve weed control.

How is Weed Control Enforced? When an infestation is identified, the landowner is notified in writing and given a variety of options on how to control the weeds.

Including hand pulling, mowing or cutting; advice on pasture management and on the most effective and least harmful methods of applying herbicides.

Landowners control the majority of weed infestations voluntarily. How is the Program Funded? When Washington State passed the law mandating the control of noxious weeds, it gave counties only 2 ways to fund the work. They could compete for general fund money, or they could put a special, dedicated fee on property.

In , after years of competing for decreasing funds through the County's general fund, the Weed Board received approval from the County Commissioners to put a small assessment on parcels in Spokane County. It is not a tax, it is a regulatory fee for a service that is available to all landowners and it cannot be imposed selectively.

Everyone benefits when noxious weeds are controlled. In addition to these classes, Spokane County has established a Weeds of Concern list. I have some weeds growing on my property and I am not sure if they are noxious or not, can someone come look at them and tell me what they are and how to get rid of them?

One of our inspectors can meet with you on your property and help you identify the weeds and offer control recommendations. To request an inspection of your property, just call our office at for the form, download the form from this website, or submit an Investigation Request online.

What do I do if my neighbor has weeds and isn't doing anything about them? Call our office at and we will send you an Investigation Request Form to fill out with the location of the weeds; return it to our office, or download the form online and mail or fax it to our office. Or you can choose to submit an Investigation Request.

Is the Noxious Weed Board the agency that controls weeds on the County's right-of-way? The County Engineer's Road Department is responsible for controlling weeds that grow along the County's road right-of-ways.

Contact the County Engineers at for questions or concerns regarding weeds on the right-of-ways or on County owned property. Why do I have a weed charge on my tax statement? What should I spray my weeds with? It will depend on what noxious weeds you have, their stage of growth and other site-specific variables.

Remember to always follow the label directions when applying herbicides. Please contact our office for more information on herbicides, or refer to the information provided on this website under Noxious Weed Control Recommendations.

Why are noxious weeds considered a material defect to my property? Just like a leaky roof or poor foundation, noxious weeds are a detriment to the value of the property and will take time and money to get under control.

How do I get a Pesticide License? Contact the local WA Department of Agriculture at Do grazing animals and wildlife eat noxious weeds? This depends on the animal and the type of weed. Rarely do animals prefer to eat noxious weeds. Most often on pastures infested with weeds, the animals will graze the desirable vegetation, causing an increase in the problem weeds.

Elk prefer native forbs and grasses and will starve to death on ranges infested with Spotted knapweed and Leafy spurge. Doves readily eat and distribute Leafy spurge seeds.

Leafy spurge can be grazed by sheep, but is toxic to cattle and horses can eat Musk thistle blooms, while Russian knapweed is toxic to them. Will mowing alone control my noxious weeds? Generally you will find that this form of control will not work all summer because the plants will start to bloom lower than your mower blade. Mowing is one important method in stopping seed production, but should be used along with other control measures to stop the spread of noxious weeds.

This will increase the control efforts and help to cause the thistle to collapse. I'm not going to worry about my weeds and let nature takes it course and leave my land "natural"; is this acceptable? This is an open invitation for noxious weeds to come into an area. If land is not managed correctly, then the most aggressive, non-native plants that are established nearby may take over an area, choking out native grasses and forbs.

The knapweed infestation in Montana is contributing to the death of over elk per year and several cattle ranches have been abandoned due to the overwhelming invasion of Leafy spurge and knapweed. It is important to keep in mind that biological control is a slow process and will not eradicate noxious weeds. However, they do have their place in an integrated pest management plan. I don't want to spray my weeds because herbicides are very toxic and will remain in the soil where they are sprayed; is this acceptable?

Most herbicides are considered low or moderately toxic. All chemicals have a half-life in the environment. Half-life is defined as the amount of time it takes to biodegrade one half of the original amount.

Herbicides are broken down by sunlight and microbial activity in the soil. Contact the Treasurer's Office or call for real estate or for personal property and mobile homes. For more information use our. Spokane County Environmental Services P. Box Spokane, WA When are the monthly sewer bills mailed? Charges for the sewer service are billed to customers on a monthly basis, during the first 5 business days of the month.

What are the current sewer charges and rates? Learn more from our page on Sewer Bill Monthly Charges. What is a Reduced Rate Residence? To qualify, the property owner must have an active property tax exemption for that residence. What is a Sewer Service Fee? The "Sewer Service Fee" is a monthly fee charged to all properties connected to the sewer system, and to those properties for which the established connection deadline has passed.

How is the monthly Operation and Maintenance charge calculated? For additional information view our Sewer Rates. What is Operation and Maintenance? What is a prepayment period for the Capital Facilities Rate?

The Prepayment Period is the day period immediately prior to commencement of the Capital Facilities Rate CFR billing, wherein the property owner can prepay the entire CFR and avoid interest charges. What is a Capital Facilities Rate? The "Capital Facilities Rate", or "CFR", is that portion of the monthly sewer charges for a property within a sewer project constructed in years through that is attributable to the costs of acquiring, constructing and installing the system of sewerage. The CFR charge is not an assessment and will not show up on a title search.

This charge will need to be disclosed by the owner to prospective buyers if you are preparing to sell the property. Please contact the Environmental Services Department to request a sewer summary form. If you sell your property, the balance of the CFR may be paid off at the time of sale or may be assumed by the new owner. What is a General Facilities Charge? The "General Facilities Charge, or GFC," is a charge collected from all sewer customers to support regional components of the system.

This includes the Spokane County Regional Water Reclamation Facility, capacity purchased by the County in City of Spokane's Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant, interceptor sewers, pump stations, and other components of the sewer system identified by the County as general facilities.

What is an Equivalent Residential Unit? Each single-family residence, mobile home where two or less occupy the same parcel and each half of a duplex building is deemed to represent one ERU. Each multi-family dwelling unit is deemed to represent 0. Each commercial unit and manufactured home park is assigned one ERU for each cubic feet of metered non-irrigation water usage per month. How is my payment credited to my account?

Payments are applied to the oldest unpaid bills. What happens if I don't pay my monthly sewer bill? Interest is computed on the entire unpaid balance. Accounts that are in excess of 60 days delinquent may receive a past due statement and delinquency notice. The notice will be mailed to interested parties known to the Environmental Services Department known parties may include Owner, Mortgage Company, Landlord and Occupant in the case of rental property regarding the delinquent amount.

The delinquency notice will list the amount of charges in arrears, and will explain that the customer must pay the charges within 30 days from the date of the notice to avoid a lien. The lien will attach and foreclose pursuant to RCW The County will periodically recertify the lien for any new delinquent amounts.

The monthly billing statements will show that a lien exists and will give the sum of all charges, for which a lien has been filed. The lien will be released upon payment in full.

Under the Revised Code of Washington, Spokane County may bring a foreclosure action against the property 60 days after the attachment of the lien. Whose responsibility is it to make payments? All sewer charges, fees, penalties and interest shall be paid by the property owner or by a tenant or agent whom the property owner has authorized in writing for the Environmental Services Department to bill. The Waste to Energy Facility drop-off and disposal of all items will continue to operate on the same hours of 7: The North County and Valley transfer stations' seasonal hours from April 1 through October 31 are from 8: The water right in trust has a priority date before WAC , which means if water users in the Little Spokane River Basin were ever curtailed required to reduce water use based on WAC a mitigation certificate holder would not be subject to that curtailment.

A building permit applicant in WRIA 55 that will use a well constructed prior to January 19, only needs to provide a water well report well log. A building permit applicant that will use a well constructed after January 19, can either:. A building permit applicant using a well constructed prior to January 19, can purchase a Stream Flow Mitigation Certificate to protect against any future curtailment, but is not required to do so.

Any owner of a parcel that is within the approved mitigation area and plans to get a building permit within the next three 3 years or any existing homeowner within the approved mitigation area with a house built after January 6, that is interested in protecting against any future curtailment. All water rights that have been issued since the adoption of the Little Spokane regulatory instream flow on January 6, -- including permit exempt wells -- are at risk of curtailment when flows are below those established in the regulation.

Find your property on this map to see if it is in the approved mitigation area. If it is still unclear if your property lies within the mitigation area, then use SCOUT, Spokane County's online parcel mapping application, to get a more precise view.

It can take some time to load the map layers so give it several seconds to load. You are eligible for a mitigation certificate as long as the well serving the residence is located in the Approved Mitigation Area.

Outdoor irrigation is purchased in 1, ft 2 blocks up to a maximum of 21, ft 2. When purchasing a mitigation certificate, the applicant will specify the number of 1, ft 2 blocks to be purchased. Domestic use at one single family residence includes water used for drinking, bathing, sanitary purposes, cooking, and laundering and other incidental household uses. Incidental uses must minimize the consumptive use of water.

Examples of incidental household uses include, but are not limited to: When purchasing a mitigation certificate, the applicant must also sign a property covenant limiting the amount of water use on the parcel from the onsite well to the amount of the mitigation certificate. To comply with our agreement with the Washington Department of Ecology to offer mitigation certificates Spokane County must report the actual amount of outdoor irrigation based on a review of aerial photography.

The applicant must also grant an avigation easement so that Spokane County can utilize other aerial methods to determine compliance with limitations on outdoor irrigation from onsite sources if an aerial photo is not sufficient.

The ordinance specifies fines for exceeding the outdoor irrigation use allowed by the mitigation certificate. Spokane County will make every attempt to work with the property owner to comply with the limitations of the mitigation certificate before issuing a fine. Livestock watering is not covered by this Mitigation Certificate.

Keeping livestock is not associated with any Spokane County permitting activity. Once we receive the application we will contact you to provide details on finalizing the purchase, such as the property covenant, avigation easement, and payment.

The cost of a mitigation certificate is broken into a non-refundable program administration fee, recording fees, and the cost of water as follows:. A mitigation certificate is specific to a parcel and can only be moved to another location under limited circumstances upon approval of Spokane County. If you have any questions that aren't answered here, please contact us via: Only in designated "Public Parking" lots; at meters only.

Please refer to your jury duty parking map. No street parking is allowed at meters, unless you choose to individually pay at those meters. Once you have served on a Jury Trial you will be excused for the remainder of your term. Spokane County does not provide weather monitoring services. You can go outside, look out your window, or check an online weather forecast service.

When our crews are cleaning the sewer mains they are using high-pressure hoses that spray water in the sewer main. This can cause high air pressure or negative air pressure in the sewer main and sewer service lines that connect to the house plumbing.

If a house does not have adequate sewer vents, which are usually vented through the roof, the excess air pressure can cause water to be blown out of the toilets or p-traps in the home.

If your toilet is blown, please contact the equipment operator or call Skip to Main Content. Show All Answers 1. How long does the hiring period take? How long will an applicant stay on the eligibility list? An applicant will stay on the list for 12 months. How long does training last? Training includes classroom and on the job training. To complete training in both and Crime Check takes between 4 to 6 months depending on the schedule for your class.

How long does the probationary period last? The probationary period lasts 1 year or hours. What shift do new employees usually get assigned after they are off training? During the 1st year of probation, new employees will work varying shift assignments. Each assignment will typically be a month to 2 months long. After probation, when an employee is eligible to bid a 6-month shift, new employees will typically work graves or swings with weekdays off. What is the average time employed before enough seniority is established for a day shift work assignment?

With weekdays off, about 4 years. With weekends off, about 10 or more years. When employees do leave, what are the most cited reasons? The most common reasons are stress from trying to coordinate the work schedule and personal life, frustration with shift work and few holidays off. What advancement opportunities are available within the agency? Are there advancement opportunities available to a police or fire dispatcher position?

Police and fire dispatch are separate agencies but we are co-located. Are there maps online? An application is available on the Assessor Exemption Application Forms page, or you can call to have one mailed to you. Visit the Senior Exemption Page 4.

What about exemptions on property? For information regarding properties eligible for tax exemption, please visit the Properties Eligible for Exemption Page.

How are property taxes levied? Two things determine your property taxes: Throughout the year, my appraisal staff assesses all residential and commercial property at fair market value. In November, each of the 56 Spokane County tax districts establishes a budget and sends their budget resolution to me. In January, I use the budget resolutions to calculate levy rates to fund those budgets.

Then in February, the Treasurer uses my levy rates and assessed values to determine individual property taxes. Washington State has a budget based property tax system where only the proportionate amount of the budget is collected from the property owners according to their assessed value. How does the Assessor value commercial property? Washington law allows the assessor to value property using the three recognized approaches to value: Is assessed value different than market value?

Market value is what a willing buyer and seller determine to be the value on an ongoing basis throughout the year. We process applications in the order received. My property was revalued last year. Why did my assessed value go up? Assessed values are driven by the real estate market. The assessor's office values property based on sales information. The real estate market tends to be cyclical in nature with highs and lows.

When real estate sales in your area indicate little or no appreciation in value, your assessed value will reflect that change also.

What is the Open Space Act? What is the Property Valuation Cycle? The following factors are involved in the Property Valuation Cycle: A single sale does not necessarily establish market value. The following factors are used to determine the assessed value for residential, commercial, and industrial property: What is personal property? All property can be divided into two major categories: Real property is generally immovable and includes land, buildings, and permanent structures.

The chief characteristic of personal property is its mobility. Some examples of taxable personal property are office furniture and equipment, computers, software, store equipment, manufacturing equipment, signs, and farm machinery. What is property tax? Property tax is a tax that is imposed on persons because of their ownership or possession of property and is measured by the market value of the property.

In Washington State, all real and personal property are subject to tax unless specifically exempted by law. Property tax was the first tax levied in the state of Washington. It continues to be the most important revenue source for public schools, fire protection, libraries, and parks and recreation.

When are property taxes determined? Therefore, please note when you receive your Official Assessment Notice in June, the levy rates and taxes will not be calculated until mid-January the following year.

Where do I get information about property ownership and legal descriptions? The Spokane County Assessor can provide you with information about property ownership, sales, legal descriptions, pending segregations, etc. Contact the Assessor's Office Where do I get information about the assessed value of my property? The Spokane County Assessor can provide you with information about the assessed value of your property.

If you cannot locate your property corners, the safest action is to contact a Private Land Surveyor. You can contact the Auditor's Office at to check for a recent survey or to acquire a copy of your plat, but keep in mind any improvements made without proper knowledge of property limits could result in litigation.

Who do I contact to see what my property taxes will be? The Treasurer's Office can answer tax billing questions, and can be reached at Who must report personal property? Everyone who owns a business must report all personal property assets to the County Assessor. The telephone number for personal property assessment is Why are there two addresses on my Official Assessment Notice? The first address is the legal owner address and is used by the assessor to address assessment notices. The second address is the taxpayer address and is used by the treasurer to address tax bills.

The data used on the interactive Parcel Viewer comes from various sources, and it does not always align perfectly. What are Property Class Codes? Property Class Codes are three-digit numbers that identify specific property types. For a list of Property Class Codes, click here. How do I contact the Department of Revenue? Where do I get a marriage license? The Spokane County Auditor issues marriage licenses.

For more information, please contact their office on the first floor of the Spokane County Courthouse, West Broadway. Marriage Information Page 2. Where do I get information about land deeds, titles, other recorded documents? The Spokane County Auditor can provide you with information about land deeds, titles, other recorded documents.

Auditor Recording Department Page 3. Where do I get information about renewing my vehicle license? Auto Licensing Division Page. What is the basic order of processes, procedures, and time frame of appeal? The following is a general list of steps in the appeal process in chronological order: How can I appeal the assessed value of my property? The only way to appeal an assessor's valuation of your property is by timely filing a complete appeal petition with the County Board of Equalization.

There is no fee charged for filing an appeal. The appeal petition form must be used. A letter or phone call is not acceptable as a substitute for the petition form. Who may file an appeal? A property owner or "taxpayer" may appeal.

The appeal is filed with the Board of Equalization of the county in which the property is located. Where can I get an appeal form? Appeal petition forms are available at the Board of Equalization office, or you may download them from the Forms Page. What is the deadline for filing? July 1st of the assessment year or within 30 days of when the "Change of Value Notice" was mailed by the Assessor's Office, whichever date is later.

If you mail your petition, it must be postmarked by midnight of the deadline. You may hand deliver the petition to the Board of Equalization and have it date stamped. If you are appealing other assessor determinations, for example, denial of an application for current use or the removal of classification from property by the assessor, you also have 30 days from the date of the mailing of notification.

When should I contact the Assessor's Office? Contact the Assessor's Office to review your valuation any time you have a question regarding your property value. Property owners can often settle disagreements at this level without continuing the appeal process. However, you still need to preserve your appeal rights by timely filing your petition with the Board of Equalization.

If you did not receive a notice of change of value due to the occurrence of all of the following: If the notice is normally mailed by the Assessor or a mortgage or other agent of the taxpayer, the taxpayer must show the mortgage or other agent was required, pursuant to written instructions from the taxpayer, to promptly transmit the notice and failed to do so; and - The taxpayer was absent as described above for more than fifteen days prior to the filing deadline; and - The filing deadline is after July 1 of the assessment year.

Contact the Board of Equalization for possible waiver for good cause. Also, keep in mind that the Assessor is obligated to send the notice to the "owner" whose name and address appears on the assessment rolls. Often, the "owner" and "taxpayer" can also be two different parties. It is therefore your responsibility to notify the assessor of any incorrect information or address changes. It is additionally your responsibility to request that the Assessor or the mortgage or the lending company send copies of the notices to you.

How does the Assessor value my property? Market value is the amount of money that a willing and unobligated buyer is willing to pay a willing and unobligated seller. The assessor values real property using one or more acceptable appraisal methods: What information must I provide for a completed petition? Your properly completed petition must include specific reasons why you believe that the assessor's valuation is not correct. Below are three of our most popular packages, to give you an idea of how it works, let's connect so we can build you your custom package.

Complete Weddings and Events, your leading provider of event and wedding photography, videography, lighting, DJ services and photo booth rental. Whatever you need to set the stage for a phenomenal special event, we have you covered. Complete Weddings and Events has gathered the most talented Spokane wedding photographers, videographers, and DJs. Expert photos, high-quality video, timeless music and unforgettable events at an affordable price: This year, we will be shifting our focus from water wells to raising money for a medical center with help from our friends in the wedding industry.

Our goal is to raise enough money to build the neo-natal, and women's medical areas of the facility. We're all for finding joy in the small things, but when life's big occasions come along, we think it's time to celebrate. Cannot wait to see the video! Superior service, punctual, and everything we wanted in all three services all rolled into one affordable package. I love that you offer multiple services that can be combined to save money.

It's so helpful when trying to stick to a budget. They made planning and being able to enjoy our wedding sooo easy! Reviews will display with Java Script enabled. Art of an Organic Story Photography. Reliving your day in detail Videography.

Style to fit any event Disc Jockey. Our Staff Complete Weddings and Events, your leading provider of event and wedding photography, videography, lighting, DJ services and photo booth rental. Other A-Star Limousine Email: Tammy Schneider or Tiffany Moore Email: Janna Engell Harpist Contact: Marcella's Bridal, Inc Email: Special Touch Florist Email: The Wedding Resource Guide Contact: Wedding Wire Open Website.

Venues Arbor Crest Winery Contact: Aspen Grove Weddings Contact: Beacon Hill Events Contact: Bear Creek Lodge Contact: Belles on the Bluff Contact: Beyond Hope Resort Contact: Bozarth Mansion and Retreat Center Contact:

Your dream home is in sight with a loan from Global